|Sumár projektu:||The „ApiHealth Project: Improving the professional development opportunities in the Apitherapy sector in terms of health“ is Strategic Partnership for Adult Education project, consisted of 7 partners from 6 countries, represented by public institutions (Universities), adult education providers, NGOs (training & counseling providers) and Local Action Group, all connected by their work in beekeeping and where relevant, in direct contact with beekeepers.
Project intends to update and improve knowledge of target groups and related professional groups and meet the environmental institutions and training centres needs for training within the area of bee products and use of alternative medicine, and subsequently to increase incomes of beekeepers through the use of bee products in alternative medicine. The APIHEALTH project overall goal is to develop a new curriculum for an awareness of the beneficial aspects of bee products to beekeepers, agricultural, medical sectors and it focuses at finding alternative solutions to human health problems in Europe. APIHEALTH project will further define the needs of rural and remote regions in participating countries and beyond, adapt the curriculum and materials to specific regional and national needs, develop modules and chapters on complex issues such as scientific methods of use of bee products in alternative medicine.
The project will be a sustainable project and will develop innovative practices which are fully transferable to other areas.
The main targets are adult education institutions (public,private); adult education centres’ teachers from the fields of beekeeping, alternative medicine and food sector; related vocational high school teachers (Agriculture, Veterinary, Pharmacy) and agricultural vocational schools, environmental institutions and training centres dealing with beekeeping.
The project end users are adult professionals: beekeepers and people interested in apitherapy, retired people from rural areas who are interested in beekeeping and apitherapy.
The main aims of the APIHEALTH project are:
• Create a curriculum based on apitherapy and bee products and to create completely updated teaching materials on bee products in alternative medicine;
• Promote entrepreneurship education for developing active citizenship, employability and creating new business (including social entrepreneurship), support future learning and career pathways for individuals, in accordance with their personal and professional development;
• Update and improve instructors’ knowledge and support related professional groups and environmental institutions and training centres needs for training related to bee products and use of alternative medicine.
• Creation of a network of stakeholders at local and regional level for keeping the attention of decision makers and other relevant institutions about the APIHEALTH
• Increase of incomes of beekeepers through the use of bee products in alternative medicine.
The results of the project will be materialized in the following intellectual outputs:
O1: Training methodology
O2: Curriculum of the apitherapy course
O3: Training content on apitherapy
O4: E-learning platform
O5: Pilot testing course
O6: ApiHealth Handbook
Since the project will develop user-driven, professional products and sustainable services, which are unique in Europe, APIHEALTH project plans to attract beekeepers, students, agricultural, veterinary and pharmacy advisors and consultants from the alternative medicine sector across Europe. The partnership anticipates having a large impact not only in terms of targeted beneficiaries but also through the relevance and usefulness of the project outcomes.|